1. Don't let other people decide your future for you. Your dad is included in this list of "other people". I want what's best for you, but you have to decide what's best.
2. Beware of any group, political party, religion, or person who claim to have all the answers or to know the "true" way. No one has all the answers, and the is no one, true way. People who make claims of having special knowledge will only lead you into trouble.
3. Love your sister. You will have ups and downs throughout your lives, but if you let your sister be your best friend, then no matter what happens, you'll have someone to lean on.
4. Learn about the world. School will give you limited information, with most of it slanted a certain way. Learn as much as you can about other cultures and beliefs so that you can better understand both the world and yourself.
5. There are very few situations you'll encounter in life that can't be made more bearable by a Bruce Springsteen song.
6. Read everything you can, but definitely the following books: The Razor's Edge, The Shadow of the Wind, and You Gotta Play Hurt.
7. I'm always proud of you, even when you screw up.
8. The Dallas Cowboys are the only football team on the planet. On the flip side, we hate the Washington Redskins more than Communists, spinach, and math tests.
9. There's nothing you can't tell me or your mother.
10. Nothing I'll ever accomplish will be more important or more significant than being your dad. You'll feel the same way when you have kids...after you turn 40 and I let you start dating.